Spring is well underway so we’re taking full advantage by dining alfresco! Easy to prepare on a nice warm evening is this BBC Food recipe for a Super Spring Salad
- 12 Jersey Royal potatoes
- 10 green asparagus spears, sliced on an angle
- 150g/5½oz young broad beans, podded
- 150g/5½oz peas, podded
- 150g/5½oz fresh or frozen soy beans
- 3 spring onions, sliced on an angle
- drizzle of olive oil
- 4 purple asparagus spears, sliced using a peeler
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 shallots, cut into rings
- 15 mintleaves (shredded)
- small bunch of chervil
- handful watercress
- punnet of pea shoots
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 5 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp walnut oil
- 300ml/10½oz extra virgin olive oil
- Blanch the potatoes, and slice in half.
- Boil green asparagus, broad beans, peas, soy beans and spring onions and cook for a couple of minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop them cooking (but not to cool them.)
- Place all on a tray with the potatoes, season and drizzle the olive oil.
- Prepare the purple asparagus in a bowl by adding lemon juice and salt to cure and soften.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the mustard and vinegar in a bowl, slowly adding the oils. It should have a sauce like consistency, like a sauce. Season to taste.
- Mix everything together in a bowl and add the dressing. Tuck in!!
Find your ideal window and door solution via our website www.residencecollection.co.uk. Keep up to date with new Residence Collection installations via our Facebook page @TheResidenceCollection
Original Recipe found on BBC Food here: